We began manufacturing jalousie windows (i.e. old style metal louvers) around 1935 and by the mid-1960’s our louvers were being exported to over 65 countries. Over the years the company has manufactured a number of other products including munitions (during the Second World War) and fluorescent lights, but aluminum louver windows have always been a key part of the business. Today, Breezway is owned by JELD-WEN Australia Pty Limited.
Breezway North America
Breezway has maintained a presence in Hawaii for over 30 years through licensed distributors and has now been operating a Manufacturing Plant based in Aiea for over 12 years offering local assembly, shorter lead times, training and after-sales service. Breezway is also the very first manufacturer to offer tempered safety glass on the island of Oahu to ensure maximum safety when using Breezway Louvers in your projects.
Breezway is a member of the following professional bodies:
- The American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association.
- The American Society for Testing and Materials.
- The American Institute of Architects – Honolulu and Maui branches.
- The Australian Window Association.
- The US Green Council.
- The National Association of Testing Authorities.
- The Building Designers Association of Australia.
- The Australian Institute of Architects.
- The Australian Industry Group.
- The Window Association of New Zealand.
- The Window Energy Rating Scheme.
- The Window And Door Industry Council.