Strong & Secure
Altair Louvers with the Stronghold System are a logical inclusion when extra strength and safety is required in commercial or residential buildings.
Leaf Architecture finalised the design concept for this project with the objective of enclosing the school balconies and allowing the school to utilize the walkways between the classrooms. They integrated Breezway Altair louvers and the Stronghold System into the design. View project.
Proven ability to safely retain blades when subjected to heavy loads.
Allows abundant fresh air to save on electricity.
Provides greater design flexibility in buildings.
Privacy or shading options available when screened.
Altair Louvers with the Stronghold System mechanically locks louver blades into their clips to increase the amount of force the window can resist. With blades only able to be removed using a special tool, the window is more secure and your building is safer.
The Stronghold System can be used in multi-story applications. A lanai enclosure can be created to provide extra year-round living space or as a barrier against outdoor noise. Occupants can enjoy the sun in a protected spot or take advantage of fresh breezes.
The Stronghold System allows our windows to provide fall prevention with only a slight reduction in ventilation, and without obstructing outdoor views. Ideal for use more than 30 feet above ground level or for windows that require extra strength for example in wet rooms.
The logical inclusion when extra strength is required
Altair Louvers with the Stronghold System mechanically locks louver blades into their clips to increase the amount of force the window can resist. With blades now only able to be removed using a tool, the window is more secure and your building is safer.
Stronghold System Brochure
Details about the Stronghold System for high rise buildings.
Increase safety with The Stronghold® System
Altair Louver Windows with the Stronghold System by Breezway have been designed to give increased safety and enhanced security in multi-story applications or lanai enclosures. Replace your old jalousies.
Hawaii Stronghold® System TV Commercial
Breezway proudly introduces the Stronghold System which has been designed to make louvers stronger, safer and more secure. Locally made in Hawaii, the Stronghold is tested to withstand a load of 150 pounds.
- Available for 1/4″ thick, 4″ or 6″ glass or aluminum blades.
- Identical to the standard heights of Breezway Window Systems.
- Suitable for the Breezway Makani or ios Window Systems.
- Available with the range of Altair Louver options including the Powerlouver System.
- Glass blades must be processed and tempered for use with the Stronghold System.
- Once installed, pins cannot be removed without specialized tools. Replacement pins required upon removal.
- Tested to AS2047 “Windows in Buildings”.
- Tested to AS5203 “Protection of openable windows”.
- Static load testing to AS1170 for performance on balconies, offices and external high levels.
- Achieved 750N load and up to 1600N when open.
Note: Breezway Altair Louver products are not a balustrade system. Nor are any other window types.
Balustrades are one type of barrier. Altair Louvers with the Stronghold System and suitable openings are another. It is always important to ensure that a particular barrier system complies with the relevant Building Codes and associated Standards.
Stronghold® System Load Test
The manual contains the following relevant topics.
- Blade Type Compatibility
- Powerlouver System Compatibility
- Compliance with Balustrading Requirements
- Window Sizes
- Recommended Specifications