Care, Maintenance & Warranty
Care and Maintenance of your Breezway louvers will keep them looking good and increase the life of the product. See also warranty. Regular maintenance is also a condition of the Breezway Warranty. More regular maintenance will be required in harsh environments such as coastal locations.
To reduce weathering, maintain the surface finish with regular cleaning every 3 months or more often in aggressive coastal or industrial environments.
- Gently brush or hose away loose deposits.
- Clean with a sponge or soft brush, mild detergent, and warm water. Avoid cleaning agents with a caustic base, abrasive materials or harsh chemicals.
- Rinse with clean water and dry with a chamois (optional).
- Apply a non-abrasive car polish to maintain the luster of the finish (optional).
Use clean, lint-free cloths and mild, non-abrasive detergents (or 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water) to clean glass blades every 3 months or more often in aggressive coastal or industrial environments.
To remove fingerprints from satina glass blades, use a 10% isopropanol detergent (e.g. Windex Original) and lint-free paper towel. Change the surface of the paper towel frequently to avoid spreading fingerprints.
Finish all wood blade surfaces with an exterior-grade sealant to prevent movement and colour variations. The sealant should be non-tacky or abrasion-resistant to avoid blades sticking together when closed. Follow sealant manufacturer’s instructions for reapplication to prevent weathering and maintain the product warranty. Dark colours may cause wood movement.
Internal louver operating mechanisms are pre-lubricated with clear lubricant before assembly and should last the life of the window under normal conditions.
Inspection of louver components is recommended at the time of installation and at yearly intervals, or more frequently if based on environmental conditions.
- Inspect all screw fixings for firmness.
- Ensure all Stronghold System pins (if present) are firmly clicked in place.
- Check louver clips for any degradation over time.
- Check blades are firmly and safely positioned in the clips.
- Ensure all blades operate freely.
- Ensure seals are in place and clean.
- The Powerlouver System should be operated at least once per month.